I love to read, and while it has been hard to do over the last couple of years with crazy schedules of work, baby and family, it is still something I yearn to do...but in the meantime while I may not be picking-up my own favorite novel, I am picking up stories to read to my littles. Jane, in particular, is quite fond of her routine: bum-change, Johnson's night-time lotion and then stories. We read a combination of stories and she eagerly will point out her favorites and sits perched on my lap as we flip the pages reading from: The Big Red Barn, Moo, Baa, La La La or one of the Sesame Street Story series like Hooper's Store or The Fix-It Shop.
I love that all of my kids adore reading, and I am firm believer that this love of literature was fostered because we read to them from the moment they came home from the hospital. Start them young!
Today I am grateful for the moments when I can cuddle with my little ones and read to them or watch my bigger ones reading in their beds as late as we will let them because they want to finish the page they are on.




No comments:
Post a Comment