{Day 24}
We moved down here a year ago, I was still on the tail-end of my maternity leave but knew I when I went back to work that I wanted it to be in the NICU--that is where my heart is and where I have worked for 11+ years. But when I started investigating my prospects I was disappointed to find that the NICU down here was not hiring, they were so slow that they were having their nurses pick-up shifts at Utah Valley and even McKay-Dee to keep up on their skills during their lull, hence no job for me :(
I was able to obtain a position in a unit as close to my comfort zone as possible, in Mom-Baby, I was extremely anxious and nervous about working there, I hadn't worked with adults since nursing school and so it was a HUGE adjustment and I have worked with new moms and their babies for 10 months now...well, after a few hiccups, I have finally secured a job in the NICU down here at Dixie Regional! *insert sigh of relief
Today I am grateful for my job in the NICU!










No comments:
Post a Comment