Wednesday, June 04, 2014

gratitude.19

{Day 19}

I have to admit something that doesn't necessarily reflect positively on me, but isn't that the way with confessions, they don't tend to reflect the optimistic...when we were expecting our third child, we were at the 20-week ultrasound anxious to know if the babe inside me was going to be a boy or girl, we both figured it was a surprise whether you found out before the birth of your child or waited for the 'reveal' in the delivery room.  We were grateful to find out the baby was healthy and that HE...*insert sigh*, here's where the confession comes in, I cried and cried and cried some more when I got home holding that little profile ultrasound picture of my third boy.
Now don't let my lack of restraint or tact color your opinion about me too much.  After coming to terms with the knowledge that I may never get a girl, that Messel's only made boys, that three boys was going to be a blast and how nice that I already had the clothes, bedding, toys, etc.  I got ready to meet this little one that would come to be the best littlest brother.
My littlest boy, Garrett, is the absolute cutest...I adore him *I do* and am driven crazy by him at the same time.  He is the only one of my kids that didn't suck his thumb, but to this day still has his 'Blankie'--we will probably frame a section of it for when he is older to hang in his office ;)  He is passionate, imaginative, creative, tender, so smart and even though he is growing, he is still my baby boy.  He brings a sweetness to our home that is crave-able.  Today I am grateful for my Gare-bear!









No comments: